I Think It's Finally Time

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

When I was pregnant with the girls, I hit my highest weight ever. That was 256 lbs. My pre-pregnancy weight was pretty high at 200 lbs, but that 56 lbs was rough to bounce back from. I dropped a lot of weight initially after giving birth, but one of my issues postpartum was having the motivation to do anything, let alone work out. I was caring for the girls and merely exhausted at the idea of going to the grocery store, let alone pushing my body to do cardio or pick up a weight. I was also a little depressed, and felt hopeless and personally just felt like crap. Where would I begin?

When my marriage starting unraveling this summer, I dropped weight drastically because I just had zero appetite. In 1 short month I lost about 20 lbs and was only 5 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I felt thinner, but I wasn't healthier and due to my crap eating habits lately (I'm pretty sure I'm eating my feelings) - the weight has slowly crept back up to 219 lbs. I'm not going to sit here and slam myself. I grew two human beings. I had some depression. I am going through the end of my marriage. I'm starting my life over. I've had ALOT of stuff happen in the past 15 months of my life - let alone the past 4 months of my life. I've come a long way.
Losing lots of weight quickly can result in unsightly sagging skin. This article discusses ways of getting rid of sagging skin.:
Source
But - I think it's seriously time to get serious about my health. I had a biometric screening last week for my health benefit plan. If you do the screening, you get $200 towards your medical bills. It's a time to find out where your lands and to get some light counseling from a nurse on how you can improve your numbers. My numbers weren't great. I'm considered obese, I have a pretty large waist measurement (hello, twins!), I'm pre-diabetic, and have pre-hypertension. Not at all a shock since I had gestational diabetes and pregnancy induced hypertension, paired with my weight gain ... I know I'm not healthy. The thing is that I can reduce all of my health risks, by losing weight and eating better. It's a simple fix! It's something I can control! And I think it's time that I grabbed my health by the neck and did something about it. I'm not aiming for a 6 pack or to become an Crossfitter. I don't even have a goal of running a marathon or anything crazy like that. Seriously, I just want to slim down, make small goals (5k!) and get into a healthy lifestyle.

I plan to start writing *some* about my health journey. I'm not an expert by any means and I'm sure I'll have tons of stumbles along the way. But I'm hoping my journey inspires other single mamas out there to get serious about their health for not just themselves, but for their kids too!

If you'd like to share any free resources that have helped you on your health journey, I'd love to hear about them! I'm an avid weight-loss/health IG follower and have a few accounts I love to follow to get ideas on work outs and meals. Now it's just about implementation! :)

3 comments:

  1. Strap those girls into your BOB 😄😄 I always rationalized it this way....why did we spend a (small) fortune on this stroller if I wasn't going to use it for its purpose.

    Also- if you want to sign up for a 5k, there are always mommies willing to walk/run with one another! Plus- it's an added accountability partner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was totally thinking of doing a 5K maybe this spring! The last time I did one was the September before I got pregnant. It was terrible but I finished! It would be so great to do it again! And I totally agree on the stroller thing - I've been trying to take it out on long walks as much as possible before the weather gets terrible! :)

      Delete
    2. We can totally run one together with the girls!

      And you know those BOBs are known for their awesome abilities in the snow ::hehehe:::

      Delete

Hi there! I would love to hear what you have to say! Leave me a comment!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS