The Person You Should Marry

Wednesday, November 18, 2015


 I came across a TedX presentation online that was titled "The person you really need to marry," and was immediately intrigued. Did I marry the wrong person (for me)? Cannot I select the right partner? Did I set myself, my marriage, up for failure? Maybe this Ted Talk had all the answers I was desperately seeking.

Speaker Tracy McMillan is a 40-something three time divorcee and she has some advice for those of us that are going through divorce. For those of us lost in the process, and those of us who have lost ourselves. Tracy knows - with her relationship history, she figured out what she was reaching for in each relationship, and why each one did not work out. She now has come to the realization of the person you really should marry - yourself.

It's a powerful statement. To accept yourself in sickness and in health. To love yourself through the good and the bad - at your best and your worst. To invest in yourself and not bury your worth in another person ... because you'll only really guaranteed to be with yourself for the rest of your life. If you don't love yourself, how do you expect to have a healthy relationship and allow someone else to love you like you should?

I really liked this Ted Talk and if you're looking for some powerful advice post-divorce, especially if you're feeling lost - this is a great pick me up to help you head into the right direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I would love to hear what you have to say! Leave me a comment!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS