And ... we're done.

Friday, December 11, 2015

My divorce has been finalized. I'm officially no longer married. I now check that box next to divorced when I see a question about my marital status (who am I kidding, I check single). The past six months have been a complete $hit show chock full of emotions on high, big sloppy tears, lots of little [and big] life choices, and impossible predicaments that you kinda have to plow through (ie. renting your own apartment solo, parenting solo, making every adult decision solo). I've felt the entire spectrum of emotions that one could possibly feel. Sometimes all at the same time :)

Sad - big, depressing, (cue the rock ballad) sloppy sadness.

via GIPHY

Red hot anger.

via GIPHY


Meh. 

via GIPHY


Confusion. I'm sorry, where are we? What are we doing? You want a what?

via GIPHY

Frustration - parenting frustration, co-parenting frustration, singlehood frustration. Where's the wine?

via GIPHY

Let me eat everything.

via GIPHY

Let me drink everything.

via GIPHY

Plus many, many more emotions. It's a rollercoaster - it's a huge life event. It's a shift in mentality, your future and a change in your vision of what would be - and a big focus on "what is". I'm heartbroken, I'm still angry, and I'm scared. But this is a closing of one chapter and entering into a whole new section - with a completely different ending from what I thought was going to happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I would love to hear what you have to say! Leave me a comment!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS