My Favorite Podcasts

Monday, December 14, 2015



I listen to podcasts a lot - on walks, while washing dishes, while working, etc. I like talk-radio and these are snippets into lives, themes, etc that I thoroughly enjoy. I first got into podcasts when the twins were really little last spring. We were going on walks around our neighborhood and I was bored with regular music. I found some really great podcasts that keep me entertained, enriched and also make the walks go by faster (so we can go longer). Here are some of my faves:

Serial
Hosted by Sarah Koenig, season one was one of the most compelling podcasts I've ever heard. It gripped the nation, moved for change - as it followed the story of Adnan Syed and his conviction of murder of his teenaged girlfriend Hae Min Lee in the 1990's. Season two just launched right in time for the holidays - https://serialpodcast.org/

This American Life
Hosted by Ira Glass, this podcast is published weekly that covers all plethora of topics from refugees, to relationships, to eery events, etc. It's entertaining and changes all of the time! To learn more - http://www.thisamericanlife.org/ 

Strangers
Hosted by Lea Thau, this show focuses on human relationships. They could be relational, they could be stories of people's pasts and the things they have overcome, etc. Lea's voice is really calming and engaging and her stories are on point with looping the listener right into the scenario, as if you're there with her. http://www.kcrw.com/news-culture/shows/strangers

The Dave Ramsey Show
Dave Ramsey is a Christian money guru  and his show (and books, and tours, and everything else he offers) focuses on helping the every day person get out of debt. He has a daily podcast (that's 3 hours long!) in which callers call in to ask questions related to paying off of their debt in the "DR" way. I'm not so interested in the churchy stuff (just not by cup of tea) but the information about finances that he provides is invaluable and help you get a plan in place even in the most crazy of financial pitfalls you might be in. https://www.daveramsey.com/show/radio/

Call Your Girlfriend
This is the best "girltalk" you'll ever have, hosted by Gina Delvac, Ann Friedman and Aminatou Sow (I mean - tune in to hear her pronounce her name at least!) these long-distance besties cover ever pop-culture and national headline news topic imaginable and provide a smart, eclectic spin on things. They can get raunchy really quick, or provide those heartfelt things that everyone is thinking about. Seriously, some good girl talk going on right hurr! http://callyourgirlfriend.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I would love to hear what you have to say! Leave me a comment!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS