Ignorance is Bliss

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Recently, I found out some things about myself/personality that I'm not too proud of. I was totally ignorant to these actions until they were presented in front of me and like a stack of dominoes, came all tumbling down. I spent the better part of a day crying in embarrassment and disappointment in myself and I'm still not over it. The silver lining is that I can lump it all into this year of self-discovery that I've found myself in.



To know and realize that we are all not perfect - and I'm absolutely lumped into that group. No matter the wrongs that I have incurred in this life, I've clearly done my part in wronging others. To lift my head up and know that I'm not where I want to be, or who I want to be and I'm not okay with this pattern that I circle back and forth into. That life carries on and I can move with it a better person, or be dragged along acting like things do not need to change. And, they do need to change. Whether it's health or personality traits, there's a lot of work that needs to be done to get myself to 100%. I'm no where near there but I believe I can get there some day. But I need to put the work in and to cease being ignorant to what's got me to this point. I have to take control and make an effort. I can and I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I would love to hear what you have to say! Leave me a comment!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS