Under Pressure

Monday, February 15, 2016

I put a lot of pressure on myself; as a mom, as a person, etc. When I feel overwhelmed with tasks or things to do (or rather, things I "should" be doing) I stop. Yep. I just don't do anything ... and it makes it worse and I feel like crap about myself. 

I have a lot of plans, and a lot of things I want to accomplish personally. For example, last week I had a goal to exercise 3x's that week. I went twice. I made excuses because my body was (and still is) SO stinking sore and cramped from PiYo. I know this is a sign to stretch and keep going - because the more I exercise, the easier it'll be. But it lands me on my butt on the couch instead. 

My stomach is still a big round and I still can't fit into my pre-pregnancy pants. I'm 19 months postpartum and feel like a total failure. I don't feel good in my own skin - so even thinking about dating or anything (which I'm totally not thinking about) gets wiped out of my mind because I don't feel attractive enough. There's a lot of self-bashing and negative talk going on in my mind, apparently. It's bumming me out ya'll! 

What are some of your best tips and tricks to motivate yourself? What's your favorite phrase to lift yourself out of a rut?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I would love to hear what you have to say! Leave me a comment!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS