Single Mom Adventures: C25K Week 4 - Is this Failure?

Monday, March 28, 2016



Currently, I'm writing this while I chomp on junk food and diet Coke. I want to be mad at myself for not getting through the 4th week of the Couch to 5K program, but I'm not. This isn't the end all be all for me. You might remember that last week I skipped the 3rd day of Week 3 of the program with the promise to make it up this week, which I did. Week 4 then jumped up to longer jogs of which you only do three of them but they are 3, 4 and 5 minutes long. FIVE minutes. I just can't do it.

I did try - I took the girls out for a long walk which turned into me trying to tackle the first day of week 4. I struggled from the start - even on the first 3 minute jog where I tuckered out at 2 minutes. But I pushed through and took breaks where I could. Then the 5 minute jog came up and I just could not get through it. I jogged what I could - sweat dripping down my back on a 60 degree day - with two annoyed toddlers in their stroller (they wanted snacks!!) and I walked the rest of the way and back home. I haven't jogged or worked out since.

What I struggle most with is not the failure of not being able to complete Week 4, but the fact that running/working out DID make me feel good after the work out was complete. That this little bump can turn into a streak where no exercise takes place. Then I'm mad at myself for staying still. And I'm right back where I started out at. I'm not there yet - but I know what it could all snowball into. What I am well aware of is that I'm signed up for a 5K in April. It's a bucket list thing of mine for post-divorce. It's important that I complete it regardless if I walk or jog it. It needs to be done.


So yeah - I took a break. I didn't make it through the C25K program. I stalled out. But that doesn't necessarily mean failure. I've realized what it all could turn into if I let it - and what is important for me and my future, especially concerning my health. That includes getting my butt off the couch and get to moving.

Stay tuned ... more on my journey to come. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I would love to hear what you have to say! Leave me a comment!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS