Single Mom Adventures: Cardio Dance

Wednesday, March 2, 2016


I've been sharing my exercise adventures with you and the last class I tried at my work gym was Cardio Dance! I've already had fun with two other gym class adventures like PiYo and kickboxing. I was excited about cardio dance because it's essentially like generic Zumba :) Latin infused dancing in a structured class environment - the opportunity to let loose, show off my moves and get some cardio exercise in!

Not going to lie - I was a bit terrified that there were going to be some professional booty shakers in the class - you know the women, those that have attended every class and know the moves by heart so they're super confident and basically dance circles around you. So I slipped into the back of the class, hoping to keep my eyes on everyone who looked like they knew what they were doing. I was surprised to find that out of the 8 of us in the class - maybe 1 person looked like she knew what she was doing, but she was in the midst of a weight loss journey herself, so it was awesome to see her kinda take the reigns and show us newbies how to move it and lose it!

Taylor Puckett                                                                                                                        I want this on a tee!:

The music was all Pitbill and Enrique Iglesias - so Latin pop - many of the songs that we're all pretty familiar with. There were a lot of movements that were easy to mimic and get down and I felt like it did keep the heart rate up! Other than the body rolls, though - it was my favorite class so far! Seriously, I felt like a beached whale while trying to body roll - I'm no longer a 23 year old at 'da club. Luckily for me, everyone looked kinda silly. Even the instructor, who is actually pretty good at it! :)

I'll definitely be attending cardio dance again!! Can't wait to practice my hip shakin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I would love to hear what you have to say! Leave me a comment!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS