Recipe: Turkey Meatloaf

Friday, March 4, 2016

Squeeeee! I made my FIRST ever meatloaf last week! Not going to lie - I had zero idea how it was going to turn out but [insert pat on back] it was great!! It was really moist, and flavorful so I am excited to share the recipe with you! I snagged the original recipe here but tweaked it a bit.


Prep time: 30 min | Cook time: 50 min | Serves: 4-5

Ingredients:
1/2 lb of diced, trimmed mushrooms
1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon mustard
7 tablespoons ketchup
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/3 cup milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/4 lb. lean ground turkey
3 tablespoons Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce

Instructions:

1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees while adding chopped onion and vegetable oil to a pan to fry.

2. Continue frying onions until they get soft, stirring every few minutes and then add in mushrooms and minced garlic.

3. Once the onions and mushrooms are cooked down, put into a large mixing bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.

4. In a separate bowl, mix well breadcrumbs and milk and let stand for a few minutes. 

5. Add breadcrumb mixture to onion/mushrooms and mix well. 



6. Mix in 2 eggs, ketchup and mustard. Then add in turkey, salt and pepper. Mix well!

7. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray and pour in turkey mixture evenly. 

8. Spread BBQ sauce evenly across top of turkey mixture and put in the oven for 50-55 minutes.

The Sweet Baby Ray's gave it a twinge of spiciness which I loved! I also opted out of Worcestershire sauce from the original recipe and subbed with mustard and think the taste came out just great! I am a mushroom FREAK, so the recipe has a slight mushroom taste to it, but really impacts the moisture in the recipe which is great since turkey meat can dry out! I hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I would love to hear what you have to say! Leave me a comment!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS