Find Joy!

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Over the past few weeks, I've really been thinking about what "joy" looks like to me. What in my life inspires me and motivates me? Where do I find myself happiest? I'll stop you right here and preface with the fact that I'm not 100% sure I'll ever find out what completely looks like "joy" to myself.

(unless it equals living on a tropical island with endless adult beverages on a forever-cation)

I have found it more and more inside of myself rather than in other people or things. My heart is happiest when I'm confident, and I'm focused on goals. It leaps for joy when I do things that make me proud (handling crazy twins all day by myself? yes!), when I anticipate the goodness of what's to come, when positivity is present in my life. I also find joy in my children - watching them hold hands or care for each other, or when they learn something new or do something silly ... it brings joy to my heart.

I've been pretty focused on a new life motto for myself; "Nothing is worth it, if you're not happy."

I think life is too short to be anything but happy. And the end goal in this crazy adventure is to find what brings joy to your soul, what ignites love and passion, what sparks something inside of you and keeps you moving forward. Why wouldn't you want to be happy? And everyday should be an adventure in re-discovering all of the wonderful things on this planet that help us experience that happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I would love to hear what you have to say! Leave me a comment!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS