Processing

Friday, July 1, 2016

I've been in a weird little funk the past few days - filled with a tad bit of anxiety that I haven't been able to quite put my finger on. I literally needed to take some time to think about what the heck was going on with me and realized it's because the 4th of July week is coming up. The 4th of July has ALWAYS been one of my favorite holidays. I love the warm weather and fireworks and all of that good stuff. But - it also happens to be around what would have been my three year wedding anniversary on July 6th.

Although I consider myself to emotionally be moved on, it's hard to not think about that date 3 years ago. We had a great wedding - filled with love and friends and family. It was one of my most favorite days of my life. Last year erased that a bit as things completely fell a part in our marriage and our 2nd wedding anniversary celebration didn't even happen. It's just weird that now July 6th is just a normal day of the week.

Then there's July 8th. It would have been my grandpa's 87th birthday - he passed away 5 years ago. We were really close and my dad always requests that I put in a memorial on the paper on his birthday every year. A reminder that we love and miss him. So it always brings forward those childhood memories.

And then on the flip side of all that sadness the twins turn 2 on July 10th! It's bittersweet. My babies aren't babies any more! And this year I'm doing their birthday party all by myself (even though they didn't even get a party last year).

It's all a bit hard to process now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I would love to hear what you have to say! Leave me a comment!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS