Holidays Post-Divorce

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Hello faithful readers! Thanks for sticking around! :)

This is my second holiday season since my divorced was finalized last winter - and although I'm in a much better place emotionally and mentally, the holidays can still be a tough time of year. Between splitting time with my children on the actual holiday, to doing this single parent thing solo when I have my girls ... it's been pretty stressful.

Last year I was a wreck. I was pretty depressed, confused, heartbroken, all of the above! It was grim, folks. But eventually when spring came around, I started to see the light at the end of the tunnel - that there was life after divorce and I was choosing to be sad and mopey. Alternatively, I had the power to work on changing that!

This entire year has been such a learning experience. I've realized that although I'm totally flawed and have a lot of stuff to work on personally, that I'm also much stronger than I could ever have imagined. When there were days I was unsure how I would make it through, I did! I battled situations that I never wanted to and made it to the other side.

This year the holiday is still split for my kids between my ex and I. We have our own celebrations and are moving into our own completely separate paths. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about the future, but part of me is excited too. I know there's some great stuff in store for me. My story isn't over yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I would love to hear what you have to say! Leave me a comment!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS