You Are Strong

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Looking back on your life and see where you are at now. Maybe you're in a bad spot in your marriage, maybe you and your soon-to-be-ex have decided to move ahead with a separation or divorce, or maybe you're on the other side of it all. You need to remember you traveled a long distance to get here. You opened your heart, you loved another, and you're battling heartbreak and a huge change in your life. That's major.

Never for one second think you're not strong enough or that you can't handle it. You can and you will.

There was a time during my divorce and separation that I couldn't imagine what the other side looked like. I couldn't imagine finding happiness again - only sitting in embarrassment and heartbreak for the rest of my adult life. I couldn't imagine loving someone other than my ex - I couldn't see a life by myself. I didn't want a life by myself.

But as time passed, guess what - it happened. Before I knew it, people were coming to me, asking me for advice. I didn't break down in tears every time I saw my ex or news of her life came to my ears. I started planning for MY future - imagining the things I wanted to achieve. I loved another person. I'm working on loving myself, too. It'll happen when you don't even realize it. It's a subtle change but you will get there. You just need patience, you need to FEEL the pain, work through it and focus on living your best life.

You're strong. You'll get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I would love to hear what you have to say! Leave me a comment!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS