Missing the Boat ... Or not?

Friday, May 5, 2017

You ever look back on something and just wonder ... did I miss my ship? Did I close a door that was actually meant for me? Maayyyybeeee my gut wasn't right and I walked away from something meant to be in my life.

I'm here to tell you - you didn't miss your ship. Not even a little bit. I recently had this happened. My gut told me "No" and I walked away from something. And ever since then I've been curious. Maybe if I had given this relationship a try - maybe that was my person and I totally walked away from her. So not surprisingly (because I'm a communicator) I reached out. We chatted a bit and I realized (yet again - not my ship). I think, though, that she was meant to be a friend and maybe that's what I was missing.

Either way - I'm in a point in my life where I feel like I'm coasting. I have said this a few times to my friends, that I feel like I'm not "living" - there's no color in my life. And I'm grasping at things that will turn that around for me. This person was another "thing" that I was hoping would bring me to life. But guess what - my gut was 100% right and I should have listened to it in the first place. Not my ship.

I just want to tell you to listen to yourself. Try to get in tune with your needs and wants. And sometimes that takes a ton of patience and practice and it won't come over night - but you do intrinsically know what you need. Even if you need to remind yourself a second time.

YOUR ship won't leave the dock without you. I promise you that. Stay strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I would love to hear what you have to say! Leave me a comment!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS